sarah huny young first cultivated her love of design as a youngin, showing enough promise in the second grade that her parents began commissioning her to design their party invitations.Since then, she has applied her vision to the web, shifting from pens, pencils, and paper to pixels, php, and photoshop.
Phattygirl Design is the ultimate consummation of those initial 2nd grade sketches, her Howard University Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, and the web design prowess, savvy, and artistry she's cultivated since moving to New York City ten years ago.
huny's innovative work with Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child, and American Idol, as well as her recent stewardship of VIBE Magazine's Interactive Art department, creating integrated sponsorships and campaigns for major brands such as AT&T, Apple, Seagram's, Tanqueray, and Fox/Searchlight, has cemented her status as one of the web industries true luminaries, a trendsetting and oft-emulated maven with that same second grade enthusiasm and zeal.
huny likes hip hop music, limited-edition sneakers, and all kinds of art both analog and digital.
- Extensive background overseeing and implementing projects from conception to launch
- 10 years of web & graphic design experience; expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- 7 years of front-end development experience; expert proficiency hand-coding standards compliant xhtml and css
- Vast experience working with branding and style guides to integrate advertising concepts into profitable and successful solutions
- Meticulous about the translation from comps to code and cross-browser compatibility
- Excel at interactive, user-centered design and development, web standards, SEO and typography
- Diverse art background and training
years in business: seven!I started freelancing 10 years ago, but Phattygirl Design wasn't technically in business until 2002.
average turn-around: 4 weeks minimumLarge projects, i.e. complex websites or identity packages can customarily take more than a month to complete, but it really depends on the project. Expect to see a first draft a minimum of 1 week after your first deposit is received.
client section: basecamphq.comI'd be totally effed in the game if I didn't have project management software. my clients dig it, too: